From tomorrow, the Government’s further lockdown easing means we can relax SOME of the precautions we had previously put in place, in line with the latest CA guidance received.
It is important that we all continue to exercise caution, and to observe the remaining restrictions. Issue 11 of our precautions list is now being mailed out to members, and will be posted on the clubhouse door shortly. The main changes are as follows:
- Up to 30 people are now allowed on our grounds at any time, though everyone must continue to book their attendance on our booking system for track and trace.
- Court use is therefore effectively now unrestricted, with 2 doubles games again able to be double-banked on each court.
- Up to 6 people may now enter the clubhouse, though face masks should be worn – especially whenever more than 1 person is in the building.
- All croquet equipment (eg now including clips and bisques) may now be used, and can again be stored in the clubhouse’s cupboards.
- Food and drink may now be consumed on club premises, but only when seated.
Members continue to be responsible for sanitising all equipment and surfaces touched, as well as for their own hygiene. Social distancing rules remain, and you should NOT come to the club if you’re exhibiting any potential Covid symptoms or are meant to be self-isolating.
David Long, Club Secretary, 16th May 2021.