I have assessed the state of the lawns again today. The good news is that Tickers Folly Field is the driest I have seen it for several months and the dampness on our lawns is reduced as a consequence. Rainfall has also only been about 7-8mm in the last week.
However, the playing surface itself is still very soft and walking around on the lawns was leaving discernible indentations this morning. As a consequence it is too soon to resume play, as the inevitable footfall around hoops can only have a negative effect on the lawns longer-term.
If the weather remains dry I will assess things again on Wednesday 12th, and if all is well then, I will white-line and re-open the hoop holes ready for Thursday 13th. However Sunday is forecast to be very wet for all of the 24-hour period, so we’ll have to see where we are after that.
I will keep you all pasted. In the meantime, if you have any questions, please drop me a line.
07768 182 firstname.lastname@example.org